Port Hughes Tourist Park is a ‘Pet Friendly’ caravan park and allows pets most of the year, excluding Christmas/New Years peak period (December 24 to January 6) and the Easter Long Weekend. We offer multiple accommodation options available to book so you can bring your favourite pet with you for your next stay.
To ensure that you enjoy your stay with all of our other guests, we must ensure that all dog owners take full responsibility for their pet and ensure they do not disturb other guests when on the property.
Please read the information below to ensure you and your dog can meet the following conditions:
- Management must approve all pets prior to being brought to the park.
- Dos must be classified as a ‘small breed’ dog and must be less than 15kg in weight.
- Dogs are permitted on powered and unpowered camping sites and two selected cabins; 1 Holiday Unit and 1 Executive Cabin.
- When in the park, dogs must be kept on a leash at all times. Dogs can be walked on the beach without a leash.
- Dogs are not permitted in any communal areas (e.g. camp kitchen, amenities block, etc.).
- Owners are responsible for any cleaning up after your pet which includes toilet duties too!
- No barking or yapping is allowed and dogs must not be left unattended in the park at any time.
- Banned dogs, hunting breeds, aggressive dogs or un-socialised dogs are not allowed on the property.
All dog owners, whether you have expressly agreed to or not, assume all liability regarding your dog being on our premises and indemnify us against all and any damages, all or any claims or other suits that may arise as a result of your dog being anywhere in our caravan park. Any breaches of the above may see eviction from the park and forfeiture of any refund.